Largest Selection of WVU, West Virginia, Morgantown and Barney Fife Souvenirs and Gifts Anywhere!
Monongalia National Forest Hiking Guide CD 8th Edition
Monongalia National Forest Hiking Guide 8th Edition
New 8th. Edition now available! (Book is also available!)
WV Highlands Conservancy proudly offers an Electronic (CD) version of its famous Monongahela National Forest Hiking Guide (8th Edition), with many added features.
This new CD edition includes the text pages as they appear in the printed version by Allen deHart and Bruce Sundquist -in an interactive pdf format. It also includes the following mapping features, developed by WVHC volunteer Jim Solley, and not available anywhere else:
- All pages and maps in the new Interactive CD version of the Mon hiking guide can easily be printed and carried along with you on your hike.
- All new, full color topographic maps have been created and are included on this CD. They include all points referenced in the text.
Special Features not found in the printed version of the Hiking Guide:
- Interactive pdf format allows you to click on a map reference in the text, and that map centered on that reference comes up.
- Trail mileages between waypoints have been added to the maps.
- ALL NEW Printable, full color, 24K scale topographic maps of many of the popular hiking areas, including Cranberry, Dolly Sods, Otter Creek and many more.
Profits from the sale of these guides support a wide variety of worthy environmental projects in the West Virginia Highlands Conservancy.